First Post - Been Lurking Here for a Year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy17872

Oct 23, 2008
Elysburg, PA
As I type this the temperature here in central PA is headed into the high twenties or low thirties. No worries, though, because the Quad is burning with some nice secondaries a few feet away from where I'm sitting.

I've been visiting this site almost daily for about a year. The information that I got here helped me decide to buy the Quad back in the last half of the 2007 - 2008 season.

My abbreviated first season went OK, despite my amateur wood seasoning and storage methods. By amateur, I mean cutting up some hardwood tops that were on the ground for over a year, then piling them in my yard. This resulted in the occasional struggle to maintain secondaries, a bit of creosote buildup, and a perpetually dirty piece of stove glass.

I now realize that wood on the ground does not start to season until it's bucked, split and stored above grade. What a difference proper handling makes!

Thank you for the education and entertainment that I've gotten here, and will surely continue to get.

Dutchy

yea man, its been a year of learning, and i keep on learning everyday... Hell i just fixed my cloths washer for 10.00 myself thanks to the guys on this forum.
never would have attempted or succedded without them.

and the "dues" here are great...you have to give up all you know to those who dont know.. its like borrowing the knowledge and passing it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.