First post with questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun is nice, but wind is the most effective for drying wood quickly. If possible, orient the stacks so that the prevailing wind blows through them (stack at a right angle to the prevailing summer winds).
Yes my neighbor has me stacking to dry fast. Lots of air in the stacks full sun with the ends of the splits facing into the winds.

He is saying the cherry cannbe ready this winter but on this site in this post i was toold several years.

If you split some of the cherry down to 3 - 5" it will dry faster, but expecting to burn it at peak heat in 6 months is not realistic. Yes it will burn, but at a lower heat output. If it's your only choice then ya got to do what you gotta do., but with the pine you have some options. I would look for some free ash in your area or even pay for a couple cords. You'll derive more heat and satisfaction from the stove with seasoned wood.

So far we only have beta tester reports. Based on them it should be fine. It is reported to run at a wide range of temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.