First real burn of the season tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegman

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2011
Sterling, MA
Just started my first real fire of the season and the house already smells wonderful. Temps are supposed to dip down into the low 30s/high 20s tonight, so it's a Friday night fire and some playoff baseball.

I'm with ya!

I'm right behind you too! Been buring uglies for the most part so far to take the chill off. Had to run out to the wood and bring in some overnighters so it's warm in the AM and I don't hear, "it's freezing in here" from the women!

Reactions: Stegman
Just don't light too big of a fire. Remember how it is in December or January when you suddenly get a night with a low of 30. Those times we sometimes just shut the stove down because it is so warm. Now we think of 20's as cold. We adapt.

First one yesterday morning, still getting used to the stove, only doing this for one year. Got up this morning and fired it up again. Should get to 50s today and 70s by Monday so I will let it die down today. Still one of the nicest things to have, and to date one of the best investments.

ben burning nuggets fore a cupple nights now. it is 24::Fnow house is 78::Fi love the wood stove

Status
Not open for further replies.