first scroung and todays cutting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stircrazy

Dec 6, 2011
BC, Canada
yesterday I went to check out a place to cut wood, found a few stumps then a friend told me to come get the rounds of the pine they they cut down.

this was the result of 10 min of work

firstday.jpg

then today I went out and fell two trees and cleand up scraps that other people left behind. must have filled up there truck as they left two sections of trees about 20 feet long.

first pic is my log jack on the first tree.

day2start.jpg

my truck load
daytwoload.jpg

and finaly split and stacked. (the daughter had he friend and there boyfriends over so they all got put to work haulin and stacking while I split. hopefully I scared them off ;) ended up with a little over 1/2 a cord of fir, about 1/2 of it is 15% and the rest is about 20 to 25%

daytwosplit.jpg

Steve

Almost for got this one. me testing the capability of my 4 ton splitter

biground.jpg

ripped it apart no problem. it was fir, so not to hard.

Steve

Nice day of cutting in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Nice days work!
Good splitter test
You should nave no problems splitting anything if you can lift a round that size, you don't need a splitter for the tough ones :)

That must have been interesting getting that up onto the splitter. Just one more example of the need for vertical splitting.

Backwoods Savage said:
That must have been interesting getting that up onto the splitter. Just one more example of the need for vertical splitting.

it wasn't that bad, my next door niebour helped me lift it up.

Steve

Oregon Bigfoot said:
Nice day of cutting in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

almost, 200 more miles west and I would be at the big water.

was a nice day though untill I got the truck stuck on a hill that had pure ice under the snow.. I realy need to convert the truck to a 4X4.

took me an hour to get it out, at one point I thought I was going to have to call a tow truck to help me.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.