1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

First scrounging trip-can someone ID it for me?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Badfish740, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks buddy, I don't feel as near as dumb no more. :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jeff6443

jeff6443 New Member

Loc:
    NJ South
    Ok sitting here with my silverbullet in hand watchen baseball . WHAT IS IT lol
  3. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

Wow-who knew I'd get such a response? I'll try to take the wedges to it this weekend-the wood grenade didn't do squat because its just too wet yet. There are actually two more rounds sitting at the guy's house that were too big for me to get by myself so I'll bring a little extra muscle along. I'll keep you posted!
  4. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    I'll eat your wood grenade if it isn't silver maple! :smirk:
  5. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    And i will help you eat that grenade!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Emmaus, Pennsylvania
    [/quote]

Wow-who knew I'd get such a response? I'll try to take the wedges to it this weekend-the wood grenade didn't do squat because its just too wet yet. There are actually two more rounds sitting at the guy's house that were too big for me to get by myself so I'll bring a little extra muscle along. I'll keep you posted![/quote]

Okay, the weekend has come and gone, so the answer to what this wood is is........????

C'mon, we have guys willing to eat splitting equipment here if they're wrong!!!!
  7. jpl1nh

jpl1nh Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Newfields NH
    I'll tell you, I've got some large "rounds" of silver maple I'm working on and it isn't the easiest splitting by any means. The tree tends to fork a lot near the base making splitting a PITA. I'll add some pics of my rounds that are the splittin image of those if the suns comes out Thurs.
  8. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

Well, the verdict is indeed Silver Maple so don't start choking down that wood grenade just yet! I showed the rounds to a landscaper friend who's very knowledgeable and didn't tell him what other folks had suggested the wood might be...I tell ya, this place is great!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.