FIRST SNOW ! Mid~West

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roospike

Nov 19, 2005
Eastern Nebraska
Hey ! Ryan thought he would share some of his snow out of Denver and let it come over 1 state.

6" when pictures were taken ,(not me! The snow! but there was wood) We'll take what we can get .............

FIRE up the wood stove ! We got a white one this year with only 12 hours to spare !

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the
P.E.Summits fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 244
ROO send some of that white stuff this WAY!

Nice ROO, this whole week it has been in the 50* in kansas. Today it decied to snow in the south central Kansas, it didnt snow much, but it was finally cold enough to wear a coat. My father in law enlisted me to fall some trees today, I wish i would have known, i would have brought my saw out with me. I can say this, 30" pine trees are no fun to cut with a sears craftsman 16" chain saw with old gas and a dull chain. Happy new years every one.

MSG I use to deal with the same thing at my dads house. Now I keep some of my older saws there so I dont have to use an old Polawn

Nice snow. Keep it. When it snows here somewhere along the way it turns into mud up to the ears. That I can live without and saving wood is a good thing for old guys.

Enjoy it Spike. And keep it there bro.

i have some really disappointed kids at my house, .3" is all we got here .3 tenths of an inch!!!!!! they must have a snow micrometer to measure that.
oh well......happy new year all!!!!!!

40 and raining here. tomorrow calling for 54 and yeap more rain. House is gettin a lil toasty for me, course the rest of them love it.

Coming weeks temps:

50° F | 30° F Mon
45° F | 21° F Tue
45° F | 26° F Wed
46° F | 30° F Thu
44° F | 37° F Fri

11:24 PM 12/31 Still no snow this winter, Unreal, and from the looks of the forcasts, It'll be a while yet! Oh well, I guess it saves on the back, from shoveling it, but the stove is cranking inside, outside it was in the 40s, tomarrow 50-man its hot in here!

MountainStoveGuy said:
Nice ROO, this whole week it has been in the 50* in kansas. Today it decied to snow in the south central Kansas, it didnt snow much, but it was finally cold enough to wear a coat. My father in law enlisted me to fall some trees today, I wish i would have known, i would have brought my saw out with me. I can say this, 30" pine trees are no fun to cut with a sears craftsman 16" chain saw with old gas and a dull chain. Happy new years every one.

So, you're on a visit. Think things are the same at home? You are really going to have to dig out when you get back. :) The old phrase the grass is greener on the other side of the hill, DOES NOT APPLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.