1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

First Snow of the season...

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by skytow, Oct 29, 2011.

1. skytow

skytow Member

Loc:
    SE PA
    Sitting here watching the snow... 34 degrees outside and 76 inside! I'm loving the 5th year of Jotul Oslo ownership!

I'm still VERY pleased with my purchase and the Oslo has worked out great in my house. My only regret is not springing for the enamel blue / black!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

JD

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kingston73

kingston73 Member

Loc:
    SE MA
    About the same here, things just turned from sleet to actual snow. I'm at a comfortable 70 inside watching my new stoves secondaries burning. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.
  3. soupy1957

soupy1957 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I'm just glad I have an excuse NOT to mow my lawn and rake my leaves, is all!!

-Soupy1957
  4. wrxtance

wrxtance Member

Loc:
    NW CT
    Man, a lot of my trees still have leaves on them. I've got a big maple in the back that is losing limbs due to the snow hanging up on leaves. I like that tree! Also have a birch that's now resting on a gutter on the back of the house. That will be heat for next year once I'm done with it tomorrow :)

If I stand outside for 10 min. I just hear limbs popping left and right. Crazy.
  5. St_Earl

St_Earl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    millinocket, north central maine
    Happy Halloween!
    6 to 9 inches by the end of tomorrow.
    for me, this is unusual. first new england winter... engage!
    mmm. it's toasty inside though. :)

[​IMG]
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Same regret here . . . but I can't regret it too much . . . the stove still looks good, the price was fair and the stove has done what I've wanted it to do for me in the past few years -- heat my house cheaply . . . I still can't get it to do the dishes though. ;)