First stove cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmiller164

Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
Coming up after the Holidays I'm planning on doing my "one - ton" cleaning. Its on a Harman p35i. Anything I should be looking out for while cleaning, from whats in the manual, it shouldn't be to hateful... Ive said those words before.
Also, how much has everyone burnt so far this season? I'm coming up on the 1 ton mark, stove has been on since Mid-November... I'm planning on burning about 3-4 tons this winter, so seems to be about on track with the milder that usual weather, plus the week or so i spent playing with it. (probably burnt a few hundred extra pounds the first week seeing how it worked). Ive been having good luck with cleaning out the ashpan 1-2 times a week, and scraping the firebox daily.

Attention to igniter area, fines box and carefully cleaning the ESP and its exaust path. Some anti seize on the fan cover latch so further cleanings are easier as it will rust and get harder to move.
Good luck

Reactions: Randy Fischer
Don't overthink this. I do the recommended cleaning about every three weeks. Do the ESP and fines box once a year. What you're probably going to find is that once a year rather than once a ton will be fine but that is something you'll have to find out for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.