FIRST STOVE HELP PLEASE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RONK

Jun 29, 2008
NW NJ
Hi,we're looking for our first wood stove,we need help,please,we live in NW NJ,Sussex county,we have oil heat,our house is about 1400 SF,two stories with a basement,we never turn on the heat up-stairs.How does plate steel compare to cast?Theres dealers in the area that sell Lopi and Quadra-Fire,how are they?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Good luck with your quest getting a wood stove. No experience with lopi but we have two quadrafire stoves and love both of them. Very efficient and burn less wood than a lot. Would not hesitate to recommend one. :)

Both are good and popular brands!Are you getting a free standing or insert stove?.Whatever you decide on i would get a med size stove!I have a 1600 sqft colonial and use a med size harman insert which does a good job on heating both floors!Upper 70s downstairs and mid 70s in the main rooms upstairs.PS! Welcome aboard!!You have come to the right place for information and help with any kind of heating stove.

We have a Lopi Liberty in our home, and we like it very much. Welcome, and have fun stove shopping, there are many fine products out there from which to choose. Rick

Both Lopi and Quadrafire are outstanding manufacturers. Just be sure to get a stove of at least 2 cu ft and you should be fine.

Both are very good names in the industry. I would even consider going up to a 2.5 cu ft fire box for your house size, depending on how energy efficient it is.

I wouldn't worry much about cast vs. steel. Good companies make good stoves out of both. Choose whichever you prefer.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.