First striper of the year and it's a keeper!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfd95

Burning Hunk
Jan 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island
image.jpg image.jpg The grasshopper showed the master how it is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang...nice looking fish!

My son put it on me tonight. I had on a little rat on, lost in right in the wash. Three cast later he got that.

I think they are the most beautiful fish! You look at one and think "now THERE is a fish". This is unlike blowfish, catfish and many other species.....

People who catch them are proud for good reason. It's not easy and, when you hold one up, people look...

DSC00516.jpg

Reactions: nsfd95
I think they are the most beautiful fish! You look at one and think "now THERE is a fish". This is unlike blowfish, catfish and many other species.....

People who catch them are proud for good reason. It's not easy and, when you hold one up, people look...

View attachment 112705
Not a bad looking fish you got there. How's the bite up in Mass? Things are still pretty slow down here.

I don't fish for them (yet)....tempted, though. Really tempted.
That dude caught that off the rocks in a public park....

I watch the folks on the rocks fishing and think that's gotta be the coolest way to spend the day (and sometimes night). It's the ultimate mediation.

For now, I'm the guy watching you fish...
fish5.jpg fish4.jpg fish3.jpg fish2.jpg fish1.jpg

Reactions: DevilsBrew
That size is ideal for the table. I like to mix some mayo,parmesan cheese, finely chopped onion and some garlic powder and some cayenne pepper if the kids are at grandma's. Then I put a lite coating of olive oil in the pan ,place the fillets in the pan and slather them with the mixture. Then I broil until the tops turn brown. Damn now I'm hungry!. By the way,what did you catch him on?

Reactions: nsfd95
I quick read the title and read "stripper" ... shows you what I know about fishing ;)

One of my favorite fish ever! I love them cooked in the smoker with bacon on top and onions and mushrooms throw some lemons on towards the end man thats good.

Stove guys are the best cooks I have ever met in my life. I'm going to gain 10 pounds from reading these threads.

That size is ideal for the table. I like to mix some mayo,parmesan cheese, finely chopped onion and some garlic powder and some cayenne pepper if the kids are at grandma's. Then I put a lite coating of olive oil in the pan ,place the fillets in the pan and slather them with the mixture. Then I broil until the tops turn brown. Damn now I'm hungry!. By the way,what did you catch him on?
Blue jointed bomber. Went Friday night, my son went to homecoming so I got to go alone. One forty inch, two thirty six inches and three thirty two inchers. But I know the rule around here it didn't happen unless you have pics. Unfortunately no pics this time.

Getting to be that time of year, trophy rockfish (striped bass) season is only a few months away now.

The best for me is to clean them as soon as we get back and throw them on the grill in foil with butter,dill, lemon on top, cook whole as the skin comes right off afterwards. Melts in your mouth good.

Status
Not open for further replies.