1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

First time burner...off track already?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by TooColdHere, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Well, I was hoping when I got back on here that the idea might have hit you by now. You have that trailer loaded with slab wood. You need something down for runners. Hum.... Connection? Put 2 slabs together and lay them down. Do that twice and you have your two runners for stacking! ;)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TooColdHere

TooColdHere New Member

Loc:
    Kent Island, Maryland
    Actually, I may take one of your other tips. The Leyland Cypress that fell over can offer me many 10-12' runners I can make a base with. The area is over gravel anyway, so the wood will be elevated. Kind of like your sapling idea! :) Hahaha....OR the slab idea works too! I burnt the chunks from splitting. This stuff IS dry.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  3. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Sounds like you are on your way to having some good dry wood for next burn season & some oak seasoning for the year after that.
    All the work will pay off & maybe you won't ever experience burning wet wood.
    Your planning is working out well :)
  4. TooColdHere

TooColdHere New Member

Loc:
    Kent Island, Maryland
    And many thanks to all the great people here!