First time burner...off track already?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea! The only issue I have is, I need my trailer to get landscape timbers/pallets/whatever wood I use. Trailer is filled with slab wood. :) I have a rack that I am loading and maybe I can just throw the rest on the ground until I can stack it.
Thanks!

Well, I was hoping when I got back on here that the idea might have hit you by now. You have that trailer loaded with slab wood. You need something down for runners. Hum.... Connection? Put 2 slabs together and lay them down. Do that twice and you have your two runners for stacking! ;)

Actually, I may take one of your other tips. The Leyland Cypress that fell over can offer me many 10-12' runners I can make a base with. The area is over gravel anyway, so the wood will be elevated. Kind of like your sapling idea! :) Hahaha....OR the slab idea works too! I burnt the chunks from splitting. This stuff IS dry.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Sounds like you are on your way to having some good dry wood for next burn season & some oak seasoning for the year after that.
All the work will pay off & maybe you won't ever experience burning wet wood.
Your planning is working out well :)

Sounds like you are on your way to having some good dry wood for next burn season & some oak seasoning for the year after that. All the work will pay off & maybe you won't ever experience burning wet wood. Your planning is working out well :)

And many thanks to all the great people here!

Status
Not open for further replies.