First time for me...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MoFo's at the truck stop where my trucks fill up every other day had a "free coffee and dognut" program (min $200 fill) and dropped it awhile back. They now sell $5-10K less fuel a month.
The dogs must be scared.

Reactions: PapaDave
I usually pay about $125 to fill the F250. We don't drive it much so it can be a s long as two months between fillups. I commute about 85 miles a day with a 31 MPG Ford Focus. It still costs nearly $50 to fill the car once a week. I was a teenager in the late 80s and for $25 we could cruise all night with a case of beer. I don't know how kids can afford that anymore.

I was a teenager in the 60's, and we could do all that plus a pizza for ~$15. :cool:

Reactions: BrotherBart
I'll bet it could cost nearly $100 now. Plus mention legal fees.

i can usually get 2 days out of a tank on my work truck.
Average fill up is $100+ every other day.

Sure is different now...alot of the younger people I have met have no interest in driving because its too expensive for them. I can remember running around in my old truck in the 80s and putting 75 cents worth in(what I dug out of the ash trey and seat) and still getting over a gallon of gas... Bought 33 gallons today and paid $113 with a 10 cent/gallon discount...

Put in $100.00 a week (pump stops at $100.00) at Costco for back and forth to work. Weekend trips, towing the trailer and any extra cruising is extra! Thanks for pointing this out to me Danno>> $500.00 a month in gas sounds crazy stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.