First time pellet stove owner and loving it!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretch_024

Apr 14, 2013
Southern Maine
I just bought the Harman Advance and I am loving life!!! First time my house has felt warm in 8 years. I have owned the stove for about a month and a half burning Logic E pellets I'm a rookie but them seem to burn good. Thinking about buying 3 tons this spring not sure what brand yet like I said I'm a rookie. This forum seems great lots of good info. Looking forward to sharing any info I can!!!!

Reactions: smoke show
Welcome. Lots of reasons why we burn pellets here.

Some to save money, others for Eco friendly. I like to keep mu money in the USA. It also is nice tro keep a room above 68 degrees ;)

Welcome! The welcoming committee should be here shortly. Be prepared for the standard instructions. If you offer them beer they will be easy on you otherwise I hope you have thick skin. Some pics of your stove would be nice. Please add your stove info and pellet type/quantity to your signature. Make sure the pellets are under lock and key. If you see a bear around your house or a strange looking van in the driveway be very concerned about your pellet stash. Remember to have fun!

Reactions: Defiant
Thanks for the heads up. Signature is set up and pictures to come. Beer yeah I love beer I am on the forever search for the worlds best IPA and as of today it's probably Founders Centennial IPA or Ballast Brewing Sculpin IPA!

Reactions: mralias
Welcome aboard! You might want to consider trying a few bags of some other brands before you buy in bulk, unless you're going to buy the Logic-Es you're currently burning. Each pellet burns differently in different stoves and you don't want to be 10 bags into a 3 ton stash next year when you realize the pellets you bought really suck in your stove. Best of luck and don't forget to use the "search" function on this site for any questions you have, there is a lot of history and good, valuable advice tha has been posted over the years.

Reactions: Stretch_024
Welcome to the group. Ain't nothing shabby about them Logic e's or that stove. You done good for a rookie. Sounds like your learning quick. FYI, Logic e has a sister pellet called PWI. Basically the same pellet and also does very well.

Like Mike D stated, Try about every pellet you have in your area so you get a heads up on them. You never know how the pellet turns(or crumbles) and some brands sometimes aren't available for some odd reason(mile fires-issues-ect.). Having a back up plan and having some sort of clue on what else is decent is handy. Sometimes we see brands at reasonable prices that proform as well as some of the top dogs. Finding these can put a few nickles in you pocket if you don't mind doing some diggin in the pellet stacks to find them! ;)

Reactions: Stretch_024
Welcome stretch . Like it was posted above burn a few bags of different brands first. I have burned the firesides all year and like them others hate them because their stove doesn't burn them well.

Welcome.... Beer and Pellets go hand in hand...

The Hormone Advance is a Great unit. Should serve you for years to come.

Keep it clean, and it will keep you happy. (I clean my stove every 8th Sunday) ;)

Reactions: Brokenwing
Welcome ! My advice si take your time and shop for the pellets that work best in your stove and saves you money. Check out JTakemans pellet reviews, great source of info;)

Welcome aboard Stretch. Lots of good advice to be found here - just remember when you have a specific question, make sure you mention make and model in the thread title. You'll catch the attention of the others with experience with that stove.

Enjoy the heat, the pellets and the beer;lol Likely have more pellet choices on the eastern seaboard than we have here.:(

Welcome aboard stretch!! Great stove and choice of beer! Remember a clean stove is a happy one!

Nice stove and beer. Nothing like a fresh Sculpin on tap. I'd be happy with Maine Beer Company's Lunch all day/everyday too!

Status
Not open for further replies.