First Time Pellet Stove Owner--Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexisgrampy

Jan 31, 2014
NH
Just got my first stove a Vistaflame VF55. Does anyone know the settings we should be using for maximum heat? How high should the flame be in the pot? Right now the flame is barely visible above the top of the burn pot. Should I increase the air intake? I am trying to heat a 1000 sq foot house and it is just keeping it at 64. What am I doing wrong?

I don't have ur brand but might need more fuel less air. or if you have a lot of fuel in the pot you might need to go the other way with the settings

Have you read the Owners Manual at all? It would be a good idea to read it. There are several factors that can be adjusted but they are all based upon : What type of pellets you have, if the thermostat is being used, & if you are trying to make adjustments to it that can only be made when the unit is cold. If I were you I would read the manual and if still confused call the dealer that you bought it from and ask if they would come to your house and give you a demonstration on how to use it safely.

Reactions: iceguy4
Reactions: Ctcarl
Status
Not open for further replies.