First time pellet stove owner ?s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jboozy1

Jan 27, 2009
lake erie beach ny
i recently received a 1995 Envirofire EF3 pellet stove from a fiend. I went through the whole stove and thought i had fixed everything that was wrong, that i could find! (Ex: i replaced the door and ash pan gaskets and brick steel liner). However, i got the stove running and now i am experiencing a much stronger flame on the right side and hardly a flame on the left side of the burn pot. im looking for some input or anyone to point me in the right direction to the problem or some head way on what to look for or do next.

Thank you for your time,
Jboozy1

I believe the burn pot is just getting more air on the right side because your exhaust fan is on that side.

My Quadrafire Castile from time to time will have a larger flame on the right side of the burn pot. I clean the holes with a tool I made, so I know they are clean. The burn pot is drawing more air on that side, because the exhaust fan is on that side. I think its just the nature of the beast, nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.