first turkey for oldest son!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAY_PA

Feeling the Heat
May 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
Well, after 3 long years and many-many hunts, paitence, persistance and learning the hard way have paid off for my oldest son. He has had an array of differnet out comes on several close encounters, but this time, Mr. Long beard met his match. I posted earlier this year about my youngest boy harvesting his first bird on his first ever hunt, within 45 minutes in the woods, well big brother has put it 3 days per week of 4am, and no luck until this Saturday, the last of the season.
23 yrds, Mr double bearded Tom! 10.5 inchbeard AND a 4" beard.

Attachments

• doublebeard.5.26.12.jpg
    doublebeard.5.26.12.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 123
Congrats. Those birds are NOT easy to get! I see them every day but somehow they can tell when we're out there looking for them.

nothin like killin a double bearded bird! I've killed many turkeys over the 27 years I've been hunting but NEVER killed a double bearder......congrats to your son!

Very nice! Time for a turkey fry! :)

The memory will last a lifetime!

You have a great hunting partner ;)
& so does he!

Wow congrats to your son, being with your son on his first bird is as much fun for you as him! Seeing the excitement in a kids eyes is awesome.

Good for him! He is learning with supervision. Hopefully a value he will be able to pass on to his sons and daughters.
We have some of those birds hanging around my yard. I don't hunt, but I woudn't mind not having them in my yard, digging I up my garden and leaving messes on the hot top.

Status
Not open for further replies.