First use of moisture meter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, you are very fortunate. (Is there a jealousy emoticon?)
jealousy__pc__by_courtneyrc-d6aqmz6.png

Reactions: DanCorcoran
I have mixed feelings about mine. Since I'm not at the point that I can accurately determine MC using the "crack vs thud" test, I like having the meter tell me what's going on. But I don't like that it usually tells me that most of my wood is still in the upper 30 range.

(But I'm sure it will be my best buddy NEXT year!)

Reactions: Lumber-Jack
I have mixed feelings about mine. Since I'm not at the point that I can accurately determine MC using the "crack vs thud" test, I like having the meter tell me what's going on. But I don't like that it usually tells me that most of my wood is still in the upper 30 range.

(But I'm sure it will be my best buddy NEXT year!)
Don't kill the messenger! ;)

Reactions: PapaDave
Don't kill the messenger! ;)

Absolutely not! I need to keep him alive because this time next year he will be providing me with nothing but endless reports of good news and glad tidings!

I'm not at the point that I can accurately determine MC using the "crack vs thud" test
I've had 20% wood that thuds and I've had 30% wood that sounds like a baseball bat (you know, a real baseball bat...) I'll take the meter any time. But I'm a little bit of a meter nazi around here::-)

Reactions: Lumber-Jack
I've had 20% wood that thuds and I've had 30% wood that sounds like a baseball bat (you know, a real baseball bat...) I'll take the meter any time. But I'm a little bit of a meter nazi around here::-)

You've got that Reich!

Status
Not open for further replies.