first week with the f500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanko

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2008
livingstion co, Michigan
Ive been burning one week today with my new oslo. compared o the wood furnace i had, i have burnt approx 1/3 of a face cord. The furnace would have consummed over a face cord. Ive been warmer too especially in the morning. I loaded last night at 10 at 7 this morning I still had 300 on the top it was 72 in here and a good bed of coals to get going.

Hanko-

We just had our Olso installed on Tuesday. After burning break-in fires, last night was our first real night burning with it. Our 2nd floor reached 74 degrees for the first time since last summer. It was wonderful. In the morning I had only a few coals left and the stove was cool. I'm still learning how to load it to get an optimal burn time. I'm really impressed with it so far.

Josh

My Oslo is going all the time here in CT. This was my third year with the Oslo and I went through about 3.5 cords of Hickory/Oak this winter. Enjoy those F500's!

WoodButcher

Attachments

• DSC_5248.jpg
    DSC_5248.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 353
Sweet pic woodbutcher, I've had my firelight for about two weeks now and I'm loving it, can't wait to fire that bad boy up in the real cold temps next winter.

I've had my Oslo since mid December and the difference between it and the two pre EPA smoke dragons that I was used to is amazing. I have been spending most of my time on house building rather than wood scrounging and probably would have run out of seasoned wood had it not been for the efficiency of the Jotul. It was pricey but appears to have been money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.