First wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its always a rewarding feeling knowing you did the work to heat your home , and not just paying for some1 to do it .

And another score. About a cord and a half of mixed hardwood. Some red oak, some cedar, not sure what else. Mostly *big* rounds. Found on CL, paid a "delivery charge" and it's mine. :)

I've got a growing wood bank...the neighbor's pine came down today. I have plenty to split this weekend!

I did pick up a wedge, in addition to the X27 and sharpener. Wondering which will be better on these big rounds...

And yes, that's the dog to the left wondering what the heck is going on!

2013-11-26 12.12.23.jpg

Last edited:
Just spoke with the guy who took the pine tree down next door. He mentioned that he occasionally finds himself with a load of wood in his truck, between job sites. Asked if I would be interested in taking the wood.

Um, yes. :)

He already knows my specs - hardwood, 16-18" rounds. He suggested no $ necessary. I countered with an offer of gas/beer money. I think this will work out well.

In turn, I introduced him to my new Fiskars X27. (That doesn't sound right, huh.) He hadn't heard of Fiskars before. He insisted that I take the first swing with the new axe. Very nice. He took a few as well. Split the maple like butter. The dense red oak was more resistant. He was impressed.

A good day all around!

Last edited:
I showed my wife the growing wood pile in our back yard (fortunately on an asphalt pad). Informed her that wood collecting/processing/banking is an illness and that you all on hearth.com are my primary enabler. Fortunately, there's little to no cost involved and benefits of exercise and heat. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.