Yep, two weeks ago I crushed my middle finger tip with a sledgehammer while holding a wobbly log. I was tapping the final blows to the split wedge in some mighty cold temps and glanced off the wedge and blasted my finger. Off to emergency for some stitches and x-rays. I have been wearing a splint and it makes it tough to split my remaining logs. I know you all have had something happen to you while in training for this job. What are your stories? In a totally separate direction, I had an issue back in my first week of burning of what I thought was liquid creosote leaking out of the adapter. Upon further review it turned out to be a leaking chimney cap. It leaked exactly the same when I wasn't burning when the weather was warm. I replaced it and looked at the chimney, it was a little dusty but no build up. I have had no leaking since. Makes me feel better about how I have been burning.