First year's wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emesine

Hearth Supporter
Apr 24, 2009
Indiana
Just for fun-

Here are two pictures of my wood pile for the first season- all the wood left from clearing our home site. Mostly sugar maple and ash. I already have a back-ache just looking at this pile!

Attachments

• wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 369
  • wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 355
It will save your back when the gas bills come in!

emesine said:
Just for fun-

Here are two pictures of my wood pile for the first season- all the wood left from clearing our home site. Mostly sugar maple and ash. I already have a back-ache just looking at this pile!

If you intend to burn it this coming winter, you'd better get it bucked up and split as soon as possible. My 2009 - 2010 wood is in the woodshed and my 2010 - 2011 wood is stacked and covered outside getting plenty of airflow. 38 years of wood burning have convinced me that wood doesn't dry adequately until it is split.

Status
Not open for further replies.