1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Fisher Baby Bear Unique Setup

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by mtn man, Aug 15, 2012.

1. mtn man

mtn man Member

Loc:
    Western North Carolina
    0815120848a.jpg 0815120849.jpg 0815120848.jpg

Wanted to share this unique setup with you all. This Baby Bear was what heated the old house that was tore down and rebuilt. The owners wanted to keep the the original stove cause it was sentimental to them and this was the design they went with. Just to let you know the Baby Bear puts out some good heat. Tried like crazy to get it from them but they wouldn't part with it.
    fox9988 likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    That is an interesting setup, I like the idea.

Looks like it needs a little more hearth protection in the front, and possibly more near that top 90 in the stove pipe if that is single wall.

If it were me though, the stove would be in the fireplace opening, the opening would be taller, and the area where the fisher sits would be a beautiful wood storage area.

pen
  3. mtn man

mtn man Member

Loc:
    Western North Carolina
    Hey Coaly when you come around I wanted to get the history of this type with the rolled corners. Was this common or was the angle iron more popular?
  4. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I'll add, that I'm hoping like hell that the fireplace and wood stove do not share the same flue!

pen
  5. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    1979 was the last year of the angle iron corners. During '79 the Roman Numeral III was added for the new style change for 1980. The door was available in the old flat top style or the new "Cathedral" arched top style. So both existed that year.

Here are both shown on the '79 Manual cover;
    1979  III Manual.jpg

Below is the one piece box with bent corners with the old and new style door;
    (Fireplace Style Legs)
    Baby 3.jpg Finest Fishers Baby VI corner.jpg

The rolled corners on the rear allow for the incorporation of the rear shield;
    Late Baby with feet Campton NH. 2.jpg

Here's the front of the same stove with Black Oxide Feet;
    (Standard Legs)
    Late Baby with feet Campton NH. 1.jpg
  6. mtn man

mtn man Member

Loc:
    Western North Carolina
    They have separate flues