Fisher Baby Bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~smokey~

Sep 25, 2013
Is there much demand for this type of woodstove ? what kind of price range could a person expect ?

Attachments

• FisherBabyBear4.JPG
    FisherBabyBear4.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 898
I'm also wondering what year it is since it has rounded corners unlike some of the other versions which seem to have angle iron corners which serve as legs.

In 1980 there was a change from the welded angle iron corners to bent one piece body. They also started rear and bottom shields with a UL tag on the rear shield. The arched top door became standard for 1980, but the older flat top or newer arched top "Cathedral" was available in 1979. Yours looks like a transition stove with "fireplace style" legs.
Is there a tag on the back or shields? Also where was it found? I may be able to let you know where to look for markings when I have an idea what fabricator (US or Canada?) since different builders marked them differently.

Baby bear heats up to 1000 square feet, and puts out more heat than you think a small stove that size would. They are worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. Many times a rear vented stove is needed to vent up a fireplace with low pipe connection. It is a UL listed stove, many not having tags. The manual is one of the few I don't have. Listed here as Model VI 1980; https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/fisher-stove-manuals-us.121743/

VI Manual Cover 1980 16 pgs.jpg That's the stove body with the older discontinued door.

1979 manual showing the new arched type door or older flat top available on old style box; Double door Fireplace Series has Roman Numeral III designation, Single door Bear Series had VI.

1979  III Manual.jpg

Thanks coaly, the stove seems to be void of any identifying markings other than the name itself, no tags or shields, it's located in British Columbia, Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.