Fisher grandma 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbigcap

Aug 31, 2016
Colorado
Hello all fisher enthusiasts. I have aquired a grandma 2 and would like to thank all who have added so much great content about the fisher stoves. I am adding a few photos. IMG_20160831_175739.jpg IMG_20160831_175655.jpg IMG_20160831_175625.jpg IMG_20160831_175530.jpg

Welcome to the Forum;
Are you sure it's not a III ? The II has bolt on shields on the old style box - Yours should be a UL listed III. They were known to run out of tags and when a customer needed one for insurance a close one could have been put on to pacify the situation.
Is it from Woodland Park CO?
It looks like someone moved the barometric damper weight to the side for vertical installation so it stays closed all the time. You can see where it was installed on the right side slot which I believe is for horizontal installation.
You should remove the barometric damper and put a cover plate over the rear intake. They are great for coal stoves and maintain a very controlled constant draft, but not for wood. As it opens to cool chimney to slow draft, you will form creosote by running the chimney too cool. If the creosote catches fire in the pipe or chimney, the damper opens to slow draft but this feeds oxygen to the chimney fire.

The door latch has been over tightened and needs adjusting so both handle angles match when latched. You should heat the latch rod inside with a torch (propane works) and bend the 90* bend towards the door tighter so the wedge on the stove front pulls the door tight without moving the handle so far. It doesn't take much to tweak it. They bend easy with a big wrench, but if you bend them cold, they tend to go back when fired.

They are "Fireplace Legs" and will make you sharp looking stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.