Fisher grandma bear wood stove value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris.ross212

Nov 24, 2016
Clinton, Maine
Looking to see what I should try to sell this for. I completely refinished it inside and out with brand new bricks.

Attachments

• 20161214_203513.jpg
    20161214_203513.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,754
  • 20161214_203520.jpg
    20161214_203520.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,019
I would say you should ask $500 to $600. But allot of that will depend on the market in your area. I know here even refinished like that it would not sell for more than $300. But there are areas you might get close to $1000.

Reactions: chris.ross212
If you want top dollar it should be refurbished to original or as close as possible and the Series III should have a UL Tag.
Satin Black by Stove Bright is the best for the original look, it should include screen and manual.

It looks good, but here's the finishing touch.
Most brass plated doors had solid brass draft caps. Some were aluminum with brass plate. The thicker fins are brass, can't tell in your pics.
The edges may wipe clean with mineral spirits if the paint hasn't had the final cure with heat.
Then polish with metal polish for precious metals such as brass, nickel, gold or silver.

GM III Shawn NEW 4.jpg GM III Shawn NEW 5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.