fisher grandmabear baffle size and door lock mechanism?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonc

Mar 7, 2010
SW MT
Hi. I just picked up a Fisher Grandmabear stove and need info on the size of the baffle that sits in the angled brackets in the fire box? I need to come up with one and since so many here have fisher stoves I figured better to ask than reinvent the wheel...

Also, how is the door lock supposed to work? I read a linked .pdf manual from another post and it says 'turn, open an inch then turn some more and it opens'. The one I have (even fully closed) doesnt pull the door tight against the gasket. is there supposed to be a wedge/bracket on the inside for it to pull on? Is my handle just bent? I took a 4x8" wide piece of scrap metal and wound it around the locking bar as a temp measure but would like to do it right (almost out of cold to test the stove out and I want to be able to just light her up in the fall...)

My stove did not have a baffle so I built this for it.

IMG_1317.jpg

here's a link to the original thread about adding it to the stove.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/31420/

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.