Fisher honey bear? Deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mattman101

Feb 15, 2023
Ny
hi was wondering if this would be a good grab? They want $100, about 90 minute drive. I know the brass door will look nice restored, I figure the glass is worth $100,and how much does this weigh, thanks

1000006207.jpg1000006209.jpg1000006208.jpg

Good deal. Don’t have a weight, but they are the lightest Fisher built. 3/16 steel plate with 1/4 inch top. This one had a plate type baffle.

I picked one up alone near Buffalo NY that I had to hand truck up basement stairs. Removed rear shield to hand truck, removed bricks and doors, lowered air pressure in hand truck tires to prevent unwanted rolling and it wasn’t bad raising up and over each step. I was about 50 then and 160 pounds, not a big guy.

Pedestal stoves move easy. These have a bent edge on pedestal base that digs in to prevent from moving like a knife edge, so I keep them on hand truck or furniture dolly on flat surfaces. Lay down on back on ramps for loading.