fisher insert question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodze

Hi, I'm looking at a large fisher insert to buy from a friend. It came with their home so they don't know much about it. It has two cathedral type doors, inside fire box is 27" deep x 16" high x about 21" wide. I've been reading the postings which are very informative on most series. I have a few questions. Are all the inserts the same size, how many cubic feet are the fire boxes and approx how many square feel they will heat ? Also, what price are poeple paying for them?
Thank you
Woodze

This link should help you with the sizes, measurements, and heating capabilities.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/everything-fisher.48309/

I recently put a Fisher fireplace insert in, and it easily heats my 2048 sq ft with no trouble. As far as price, I found mine at a local fireplace shop on consignment for $300, but it had a fresh coat of paint on the insert as well as the surround. Here is a link to the thread I started showing mine. Good luck and enjoy.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/fisher-fireplace-insert-project.124182/

The full size insert is this size; This diagram will tell if that is what you have. There were other smaller Inserts such as Honey, Cub, and Polar Bear.

Insert drawing.jpg

A blower makes a big difference in heating area.
Price varies with model. Full size came in black, nickel, brass, and brass and glass.
They are worth whatever buyer and seller agree upon.

If you use the search feature at top of page and search "Insert" in this forum, you will get all the specific info on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.