1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

FIsher Insert Question

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by Dstang97, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Dstang97

Dstang97 Member

Loc:
    CT
    I looked in the fisher post but could not find my answer.

How far does a fisher insert stick out past the bricks? my Hearth is only 8" and is about 20" off the floor, so I'm thinking it will not fit by looking at photos.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    It might depend on the model, not real sure. I would guess it is more like 14"-18" out onto the hearth.
  3. Captain Hornet

Captain Hornet Member

Loc:
    Upstate South Carolina
    We have a Fisher insert that we love. The front of the stove is 17 and a half inches from the place where the surround mounts to the front ash lip of the stove. Our Fisher is atom bomb proof and I do not see how there could ever be a better insert. We have no plans to ever get rid of ours. David
  4. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    Have you ever had another insert? ;-)
  5. afptl

afptl Member

Loc:
    Northern KY
    can any one ID this fischer insert? any idea what it was rated for sq footage? I know it is an 8 inch flue. measurements are: the section that slides into fireplace is
    25" wide
    19.5" deep
    21.5" high

thanks and God Bless, ann

trying to figure out if it will work for us will these put out heat without the blower working in case of power outage?

Attached Files:

6. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    It's a nickel plated "Fisher Fireplace Insert" They were available in black cast iron door, or $50 more for plated door. Later brass with glass doors on a slightly different insert due to air wash under the glass, and side intake draft caps due to no place on the brass and glass door for the intakes.

Here's the manual in Hearth Wiki.
    http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/File:fishinsertmanual.pdf/
    It calls for a minimum of 16" noncombustible material extended from fireplace opening.

Heating area approx. 1750 sf. They were approximated low, so you can count on heating more with a blower. Yes, the blower was an accessory, many were used without. Much more efficient with blower installed. A lot of heat comes off the doors and the 13 inches that sticks out of the fireplace.

Here's a drawing that may help as well.

Attached Files: