Fisher Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gooney

Sep 3, 2013
Tuftonboro
Hello.Finally got the supervent chimney install done.Not too bad but fooling around with stovepipe was more work than i thought it would be. OK I have a Fisher papa bear.It has a UL tag on the back of the rear heat shield but it has no baffle.I had read that the UL ones would have a baffle.What can you guys tell me about the stove?Also,If i make a baffle can I use stainless steel?Thanks.

Yeah. Moving this to the land of the Fisher experts.

Most of the UL listed Fireplace Series will have a smoke shelf baffle. No Bear Series (single door) were factory equipped.

I've only experimented with mild steel, but use whatever you have and let us know of warpage and thickness used.

The tag should give you the model, serial, date, fabricator, and where made.
Pictures may allow us to pass along more info, but without seeing it, we can't tell you what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.