Fisher Stove I.D

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

royrizzle

Jan 31, 2015
Cent. WI
20161226_134159.jpg Smaller Fisher Stove with air intake drawers just above the glass .
6 " flue collar and measures 19 3/4 wide x 22 " deep . Has no identification placard .

Last edited:
Early Honey Bear.
Most have air above and below doors and later models from the bottom with a pull rod under ash fender. That type has removable pedestal for mobile home use.
Could be Canadian with the rounded ash fender with channel iron trim. Most have a flat square corner plate with no edge trim.
Does it have a round plate type baffle under the outlet?

The tag was a sticker with very small print on the side or back of pedestal. It was black and a magnifying glass is needed to read it. Many are painted over. Use only mineral spirits if you see the raised sticker under paint.

Honey Bear 6.jpg This one was all the way at the bottom.

Okay Coaly sure is a circular baffle suspended just a couple inches below the outlet .

Honey Bear 9.jpg Honey Bear baffle inside.JPG

Thanks. I wondered if the early ones were baffled or if it was a later addition. Haven't seen a Honey Bear without one yet.

The top was supposed to be 20 inches across but many stoves vary by 1/2 inch.
The box width should be 18 3/4 with 16" brick to brick. They advertised for 14 inch logs, heating up to 1200 square feet.

Then it must be a Honey Bear , thanks Coaly , I ' ll have my friend John look at it more closely tomorrow to see if there is a sticker .
That baffle reminds me a lot of the baffle that was in my 1977 Frontier wood stove that i once had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.