Fisher Stove Insert (Sorry if this is mis-posted)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewy255

Jul 29, 2014
Malvern PA
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I picked up an old Fisher insert. I have owned coal stoves, pellet, and wood stoves. I have read about the history of Bob Fisher and the story makes me appreciate this stove even more.

My friend welds and he has already made me a boot to attach to my flex pipe. We are about to make a baffle plate (5/16" so it will hold up). I read that the closer the baffle plate sits to the opening of the insert flue (incorrect terminology?) the better. How close to the insert flue opening should I raise the horizontal plate? 1.5 inches to the opening or is this too close? I know there are various formulas for square footage etc.

The boot is reduced to 6" to accommodate my 6" flue pipe. I know I may have some rollback with the screen I purchased from Camfan.

Thanks, Drew

Welcome. I am moving this over to our Fisher Stove forum room where all things Fisher are known and shared.

The circumference of a 6 inch pipe is 18.84. So the opening 1.5 inches high X 18.84 is 28.26 square inches which is exactly what the 6 inch flue diameter is. So that is the minimum opening.
As long as the chimney is high enough I'd bet on no smoke roll in problems. Of course it depends on flue temperature, weather conditions....... and many other factors.

The circumference of a 6 inch pipe is 18.84. So the opening 1.5 inches high X 18.84 is 28.26 square inches which is exactly what the 6 inch flue diameter is. So that is the minimum opening.
As long as the chimney is high enough I'd bet on no smoke roll in problems. Of course it depends on flue temperature, weather conditions....... and many other factors.
Thank you, Coaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.