Fisher trade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osage

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2011
kansas
I have currently installed a Mama Bear that I reconditioned in my 320 sq. ft. Man Cave. I know it is way overkill, but it was aquired at low cost.
I have a person who is intrested in trading me a Baby Bear for it. It would need to be painted prior to install.
Question is, would It be worth the trouble to take my Mama out and do the trade for the sake of getting the smaller stove?

Sounds like a good deal to me as long as the Baby Bear's in good shape other than the finish.

How often is this space heated?

Would you also benefit from the smaller footprint of the baby bear compared to the mama?

Does the heat from this room, help heat the rest of the house?

At the end of the day, both stoves are too big for this space. That said, if the mama is in great shape, then there is no reason that you have to fill it to the gills, just do small, hot fires that don't last long.

However, if the baby is in much better shape than your mama (less pitting, no warped panels, no cracked welds, good firebrick) then I'd be willing to go through the trouble of a swap.

pen

Thanks for the reply. The room is in my metal building I just completed, so I would only be out there a couple times a week.I think I will keep the Mama Bear. IMG_0041[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.