Fiskars at work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
My girlfriend ordered me a fiskars splitting axe for Christmas and boy was i suprised how much this thing can handle. I was skeptical about such a lightweight splitting axe but my old axe was ready to be retired (head's ready to come off. All the reviews were right on the money! Soon as i took it out of the box i was out back swingin away at a pile of 24" oak rounds. Some were rotten in the center but even the solid ones popped right in half with a blow or two. Now i need to order the chopping axe for the smaller stuff.

Random008.jpg

I should be getting my X27 this week from Baily's......can't wait. All I have is Ash right now, so it won't be much of a challenge. I'll have to cut down a Hard Maple or Shagbark.... :coolsmile:

How did you ever get it to stick into the stump like that? Mine either bounces off, goes right through it or just falls out under the weight of the handle. Darn teflon coating isn't waering off, even after a couple cords split.

Status
Not open for further replies.