Fiskars Axe’s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people on here use Fiskars axe's.I'm in the market for a new one and would like some opinions on these.Any other opinions of other brands are welcome as well. Thanks

I'm moving this to The Gear forum. It's been discussed beyond death in a number of threads. If you do a search, you'll surely find the threads. Rick

John take a look at the fossil's avatar for his review ;)

Just step on into my shop. Rick

Attachments

• fiskars.jpg
    fiskars.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 656
For the most part, the only people who have something bad to say about the Fiskars don't own one.

fossil said:

No 8" hatchet? :lol:

Seriously Rick...I'm impressed. I have a weird feeling my shed will be looking similar to that in a few months.

John the Painter said:
I see a lot of people on here use Fiskars axe's.I'm in the market for a new one and would like some opinions on these.Any other opinions of other brands are welcome as well. Thanks

I have the 2.25lb Pro Splitting Ax. I love it. I split with it exclusively.

fossil said:
Most impressive!From the posts so far I gather they're well worth their weight in gold.Probably going to invest.What material are they made from?
P.S.
My bad on posting in the Wood Shed and not gear.

Well, by reading around on the fiskars, I guess I will have to buy one !! I don't have a splitting axe yet, so when I'll buy one, it's gonna be a fiskars. I think they are 49.99$ at Canadian Tire.

Talked to a lady at Fiskars and she told me it was alright to grind down the casting marks on the back of the axes. It will not void any warranty issues. These tend to cut into the wedges as you are driving them into the trees.
Just an FYI.
Chad

Fi-Q, just be aware that is the Pro splitting axe, not the Super Splitting Axe that most people talk about here. The Super is not brought into Canada by Fiskers. Look it up on thier website.

I think the Super is available in Canada by going to a Stihl dealer and buying the Stihl axe that looks like a fiskers. There is some sort of jiggery pokery going on there. Wait for a sale at CT they go on sale quite often. I have also found that if you talk with a manager at CT they will give you last sale price on many items if you ask.

’bert said:
Fi-Q, just be aware that is the Pro splitting axe, not the Super Splitting Axe that most people talk about here. The Super is not brought into Canada by Fiskers. Look it up on thier website.

I think the Super is available in Canada by going to a Stihl dealer and buying the Stihl axe that looks like a fiskers. There is some sort of jiggery pokery going on there. Wait for a sale at CT they go on sale quite often. I have also found that if you talk with a manager at CT they will give you last sale price on many items if you ask.

Actually, I think it's the opposite--more people here are using the Fiskar's Super Splitter than the Fiskars Pro.....................the only real difference is that the Pro is about 2.5 lbs and the SS is about 4.5 lbs. Personally, I prefer the SS because of the extra weight to power through the tougher stuff--and it still weighs about half of what my 8lb maul weighs and splits MUCH better!

NP

Nonprophet said:
’bert said:

Actually, I think it's the opposite--more people here are using the Fiskar's Super Splitter than the Fiskars Pro.....................the only real difference is that the Pro is about 2.5 lbs and the SS is about 4.5 lbs. Personally, I prefer the SS because of the extra weight to power through the tougher stuff--and it still weighs about half of what my 8lb maul weighs and splits MUCH better!

NP

Agreed. On this board anyway. Had I never used either I would have bought the SS but having used the PS for over a year and having split 10+ cord with it I'm in no rush to go pick up a SS.

Nonprophet said:
’bert said:

NP

Thanks for the inpuit guys !! I'm not in a rush to buy one, but I will sure take a closer look at it to see with wich one I will be going, worst case, I may buy both of them.....

Nonprophet said:
’bert said:

NP

NP you are not reading the entire post! The Super Splitter is not available in Canada! Fiskers does not bring it into Canada. Therefore the one that Fi-Q looked at is the Pro Splitting Axe.

You guys got me !!

I'm in School in NY, Schenactady right now, but I'm heading back to Canada friday at noon.... I'm looking on the net right now, and looks like there is no Super Splitting in any store around here... (I look at Home depot, Lowes, Sears, Ace,... all the store lkisted on the fiskars web site... ).

Any Idea where I can fastly grab one... maybe on my way back to montreal.... anyway, any tips is welcolme.....

Status
Not open for further replies.