Fiskars Brands Inc. has filed notice of plans to permanently close its facility

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
I'm not sure what they make there, if anything, but I think they have an outlet store:

http://www.channel3000.com/money/24816694/detail.html
SAUK CITY, Wis. -- Fiskars Brands Inc. has filed notice of plans to permanently close its facility in Sauk City by the end of the year.

The company said it will close its facility at 780 Carolina St. by Dec. 31, 2010.

Fiskars Brands said the closure will affect a total of 65 employees, including 24 on Oct. 29 and the remaining 41 between December 2010 and March 2011.

Fiskars Brands makes garden, home, office and classroom tools.

The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development and its regional workforce partner, the South Central Wisconsin Workforce Development Board, are providing rapid response services.

They also have a facility here in Madison in an industrial park. I'm not sure if they have manufacturing or if it is just offices and distribution.

It might be worth checking their Sauk City outlet store for some deals.

Quads, you are not talking about going to the darkside are you?

KC

iskiatomic said:
Quads, you are not talking about going to the darkside are you?

KC
Ha ha, no! Fiskars makes other stuff that I've seen, like knives, branch trimmers, and all kinds of stuff. I can't think of anything I need right now though, or I'd take a trip down there just to check it out.

They use to have a plant just NW of Milwaukee also, they have moved most of the mfg to China. One of my acquaintances spent 6 monthes over there setting up the new plant about a 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.