Fiskars Machete Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Bear

Feb 28, 2010
Southwestern Pa
When I opened my dull Fiskars machete I thought about just returning it to Home Depot but I figured maybe they were all dull. I contacted Fiskars customer service and they said it should be sharp and that there is a bad run of them out. They are sending me a new machete out!!!! Thank you Fiskars. :)
I will let you all know how it is when it arrives.

Reactions: smokinj and quads
When I opened my dull Fiskars machete I thought about just returning it to Home Depot but I figured maybe they were all dull. I contacted Fiskars customer service and they said it should be sharp and that there is a bad run of them out. They are sending me a new machete out!!!! Thank you Fiskars. :)
I will let you all know how it is when it arrives.

Ahaa! I was sure something was wrong; in the other thread I noted that the two machetes I received had really excellent edges but after reading comments from other folks here who stated that their machetes were dull the day they got them, I started thinking maybe I sharpened mine sometime after they arrived but then forgot! Whew I was slightly worried I was forgetting things.

Yeah ..........uh...........crap forgot what I was going to say

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro--

Use a 5" angle grinder and one of these to sharpen your machete or axe.

flap_disc.jpg

Works like a charm. Don't over heat the tool you are sharpening, take your time and take breaks if it warms up.

Use a 5" angle grinder and one of these to sharpen your machete or axe.

flap_disc.jpg

Works like a charm. Don't over heat the tool you are sharpening, take your time and take breaks if it warms up.

I'm starting to understand why the word "overkill" is in your username! :)

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.