Fiskars SS and Red Oak a match made in heaven but with a learning curve OUCH!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WoodpileOCD said:
I split about 1/3 cord of red oak with the Fiskars this morning and it felt much better. I took my time and was more thoughtful and careful as to where I was hitting. As I mentioned before, hitting on the far side of the round makes it much safer. I was also splitting pieces on the ground rather than on a block. All in all it felt much better today. I also started looking into the x25 with the longer handle. Called an ACE hardware store in the area as that is where Fiskars refers you and they couldn't even order it. Anyone got their hands on one yet or know how to order one. I want to try one out an if it feels better, I'll just sell the shorter one.

I stopped by a local Ace and one of the ladies there was able to search and find the part number (7268675), 36" Fiskars splitter, new item not yet in stock. The system didn't reference anything by the name of x27, go figure. I went ahead and paid for it and it should be in stock on Wednesday. Try that part number at your Ace...7268675.

Jutt77 said:
WoodpileOCD said:
I split about 1/3 cord of red oak with the Fiskars this morning and it felt much better. I took my time and was more thoughtful and careful as to where I was hitting. As I mentioned before, hitting on the far side of the round makes it much safer. I was also splitting pieces on the ground rather than on a block. All in all it felt much better today. I also started looking into the x25 with the longer handle. Called an ACE hardware store in the area as that is where Fiskars refers you and they couldn't even order it. Anyone got their hands on one yet or know how to order one. I want to try one out an if it feels better, I'll just sell the shorter one.

I stopped by a local Ace and one of the ladies there was able to search and find the part number (7268675), 36" Fiskars splitter, new item not yet in stock. The system didn't reference anything by the name of x27, go figure. I went ahead and paid for it and it should be in stock on Wednesday. Try that part number at your Ace...7268675.

Thanks, I just checked the Fiskars website and you can order it from them but it is out of stock. It was $54.99 there plus about $10 shipping. How much was it at ACE?

Status
Not open for further replies.