fiskars ....where to buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtarbert

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2006
Maryland
As Fiskars has more than one model does anyone know where I can purchase one other than the internet? When I say Internet I also include mailorder.I want to heft one before purchase and have never used one before.. I live 35 miles north of Baltimore, Maryland...........Thanks, Mike

Sears, some WAlmarts and Home Depot or Lowe's might have them, local hardware stores too. Around here its hit or miss...the only place that carries any Fiskars splitting and chopping tools is Sears, though HD and my LHS both carry an extensive Fiskars outdoor tool like for shears, pruners, scissors, etc. But my Sears only has the older tools in stock, none of the X models.

Just bought one on Amazon. $48.00, free shipping. It shipped UPS from Indianapolis and I had it next day. Probably 2-3 days to your location.

Picked up my X25 in late May at a WalMart in SW IA on way home from family reunion.1 of the 3 Walmarts in metro area here used to have them,not seen any in stock for a few months & no X27's.Amazon has them,a few other online retailers also,but Lowe's does not.No idea if Home Depot carries them.It's hit or miss around here.

I got my X25 at Walmart. They did not carry the X27 or any of the others axes for that matter. My local Home Depot and Lowes does not carry any Fiskars axes, just lopers and clippers.

MarkinNC said:
I think I saw them on sale in th4e latest Baileys flier.

Yup they're in there.

Amazon. Won't be able to hold it. But once you do, you won't regret it.

Got the X27 and got the sharpener for $10 too. Can't go wrong. Im pretty short (5'5") and the X27 isn't to long for me.

I have not heard or seen many complaints on the 27 or 25. Some say one is to long, others may say one is to short. But everyone agree's that they all split well. Even heard the 15" hatchet/axe is a pretty good contender. If you know what your doing.

I've got the hatchet and man its great for kindling

If you have ACE hardware in MD. they have the super splitter. Costs less on Amazon though.

No place here has the new - longer handle. Even Sears only has the 'splitting axe' , not the SS. i got mine from Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.