Fiskars X27 (7884) where to order?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

711mhw

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2010
Western ME
Was out shopping today for the 28" Fiskars, 6 stops no luck. Decided to go to the web and order and see that they now (Fiskars) make a new model with a longer 36" handle. The short handle seems to be the only complaint that I have seen in reviews. I have not used a Fiskars only a splitting maul but mostly hyd. splitter.

I've purchased the 28" Fiskars Super splitting Axe #7854 online many times, but I haven't yet seen the 36" X27 for sale online anywhere. As of this posting, Fiskars doesn't have a "Locate Store" link on its X27 page.

Believe I recall a recent prior post on the 36". There was an indication someone contacted Friskars and was advised the 36" was not yet available for sale and that it may first be offered via Amazon, which is a big seller for Friskars. Do not recall when the new splitter was going to be available, but you can probably find the 28" at Amazon.

Sorry, my response was too inane even for me, so I've deleted it...

I recently order the 36" from my local ACE hardware.It's supposed to be in January 17th.or that week.

This may be a really, really stupid question . . . but why are you looking for a Fiskars if you already have a hydraulic splitter . . . for the added exercise? ;)

firefighterjake said:
. . . for the added exercise? ;)

Could be...

I don't use a hydraulic splitter just because I enjoy the exercise and it's much easier for me to split wood by hand. It's also more peaceful to split by hand vs. listen to the engine run non-stop.

I've used hydraulic splitters before and I can say that I am much more fatigued after splitting with a hydraulic splitter than I am by hand. But that's just my experience.

Wood cutting/splitting is my "getaway".

firefighterjake said:
This may be a really, really stupid question . . . but why are you looking for a Fiskars if you already have a hydraulic splitter . . . for the added exercise? ;)
Sadly, it's 650 miles south of me right now (at my farm in MD thats still for sale) Its top on the "bring back list" for the next trip down!

New Fire Guy said:
Believe I recall a recent prior post on the 36". There was an indication someone contacted Fiskars and was advised the 36" was not yet available for sale and that it may first be offered via Amazon, which is a big seller for Fiskars. Do not recall when the new splitter was going to be available, but you can probably find the 28" at Amazon.

Actually, it was me who posted this information.

The Fiskars rep said it would be available this month on Amazon.com. It is to be sold for $55.00.

I will absolutely buy one as the only downside to the 7854 Super Splitting Axe is the short length.

i have the short model splitting axe and do like it alot, but like you have siad its almost to short im about 6 ft tall.
and have almost cut my leg off acouple of times. pretty scary. thanks god i missed or i would have been cut wide open.
defanatly would like to have the 36 inch.

but i spent like 40 something on it so im still going to use it.
i have split a good cord of birch with it so far this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.