Fiskars X27 - One hit wonder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalDon

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2012
Meadow Valley, CA
This was a 16 inch pine round 16 inches long....very green...my old maul would have gotten stuck every strike and my wedge and Sledge would have taken multiple strikes to break up a round like this..The X27 has saved me a lot of headache and backache.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: PA Fire Bug
I am growing quite fond of my X27 too. Before I bought it, I thought my older Shorter handled Super Splitting Axe was were its at, but the X27 is even better. The extra few inches of leverage with the same weight head is great. I split almost half a cord of Red Oak and Black Locust yesterday and I can still move today. Had I done that with my Sears 6 pounder I'd be crippled today. The Fiskars are all well designed, precision tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.