1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Fiskars

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by chuck172, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuck172

chuck172 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sussex County, NJ
    I'm thinking about buying a fiskars splitting axe and hatchet. Are they made in China?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fugazi42

fugazi42 New Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I don't own the Fiskars axe or hatchet but I own other tools.. I do own some Fiskars tools and can tell you that if you manage to break them, Fiskars stands behind their lifetime warranty. I managed to break a bow saw and two pairs of bypass lopers and on all three occasions Fiskars sent replacements without any questions. I wasn't even asked to return the broken tools.As for where the tools are made, I can't say. But their customer service department is in Milwaukee.

Josh
  3. bebopin

bebopin New Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Fiskars is made in the USA.
  4. sixminus1

sixminus1 Member

Loc:
    Coastal NJ
    Fiskars is from Finland. I don't know if the axes are actually manufactured there, but it would be difficult to give their axes too much praise.

I have the splitting, chopping, and hatchet axes. They're easily the best I've ever owned. You'll pay a little more for them than you will for the Home Depot special, but you'll never regret the few extra dollars.

The heads are lighter, the edges are sharper, and the handles are shorter, so you'll have to adjust your stance and your swing so you don't get hit in the toes or shins. Once you get used to it, it's easy to see the benefit of the Fiskars axes.
  5. Jeff S

Jeff S Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Kimball,Michigan
    I own both the Fiskars Pro Splitting Axe @2.25 lbs and the Super spitting Axe @4.25 lbs,I would hate to part with either one for they both have there application.They are made in Finland and are top quality.I believe the body of the head is 45 Rockwell hardness with the edge about 55 giving it a both toughness and a sharp edge.
  6. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    I have both splitting axes, a chopping axe, and two hatchets (12" & 16"). Razor sharp and nicely designed. Some of the best tools I've ever owned. What else can I say? Rick
  7. chuck172

chuck172 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sussex County, NJ
    O.K, thats good to hear, I'm gonna order the hatchet and the 4 lb. splitting axe and the sharpener. Thanks.
  8. Jeff S

Jeff S Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Kimball,Michigan
    I had to order the 4.25 lb splitting axe but Sears sells the hatchet in my area for $25 and the 2.25 lb splitting axe for $39.
  9. Bigg_Redd

Bigg_Redd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shelton, WA
    I've got the 23" splitting ax and it's the best $40 I've ever spent on a tool. It splits beautifully and it's small enough to use with one hand.

EDIT - They're made in Finland.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.