Fitchburg plant still not producing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
I met a friend that works at the new pellet/old grain plant in Fitchburg. He said that they had to recall what they had shipped because of excessive dust. They are working on the dust problem but are finding that the corn rolled up the augers fine but the wood pellets are breaking up in the process.

Wouldn't you think they would just be honest and tell people that? I know they are risking people canceling their orders, but it's better than leading people to believe they'll get their pellets soon, and it appears that might not be so. They will be losing customers for a lifetime because they'll feel ripped off and lied to. I didn't order from them, but I know many did, because of the price and they wanted to support a local business. It's too bad all around; I hope they get straightened out.

I had called them and they did say they were having issues with dirty pellets,but they said they were just waiting on a new screen to arrive now I hear you say they had to recall all there pellets they sent out doesnt look good for them producing.Hope they have there check book handy there going to need it.

most new pellet mills have to 'work the kinks out" before too long....I just hope that they can get it solved AND get folks their pellets before cold weather......

called this morning i believe i spoke with a woman named linda, she said they were starting to bag again tomorrow & i should see my delivery by the end of next week. hope this is true!

lecomte38 said:
I met a friend that works at the new pellet/old grain plant in Fitchburg. He said that they had to recall what they had shipped because of excessive dust. They are working on the dust problem but are finding that the corn rolled up the augers fine but the wood pellets are breaking up in the process.

Hmm, I have some waiting for me to pick up at my local hardware store. I wonder if I should bother now. My Tractor supply store has Maine wood pellets for $265/ton so maybe I will just pick some of those up instead.

well, just heard an update on the news this morning about nat. gas prices dropping another 18%-30%. With that information, I think I can wait until they get their kinks out... Meanwhile they will have to deal with me calling them every week or so until I get my pellets.

ducker said:
well, just heard an update on the news this morning about nat. gas prices dropping another 18%-30%. .....

Tell that to my NG company, they still have not reduced their billing rates since they hiked them up
last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.