Five cords, one finger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, glad he'll be OK.

Nice job with the wood though.

I just finished a Wilderness First Responder course last semester, and our current instruction was to keep clean as possible, rinse but don't wash/scrub it. Seal up in baggie, or wrap in a clean dressing or towel (if available) and then put this all on ice. The point being, don't introduce any more moisture to the severed part than is necessary.

Cheers!

. . . and to keep the body part from being directly on ice as this may cause damage. Cool = good. Freezing = possibly bad.

I just finished a Wilderness First Responder course last semester, and our current instruction was to keep clean as possible, rinse but don't wash/scrub it. Seal up in baggie, or wrap in a clean dressing or towel (if available) and then put this all on ice. The point being, don't introduce any more moisture to the severed part than is necessary.

Cheers!

I'm a retired Safety Officer, and a Wilderness First Responder too. I agree with the above except for knocked out teeth, you want to keep them wet. Put those in some milk until you can get to immediate dental care.

Hope your Dad recovers without too much pain and suffering Joful. Watched my BL do the same thing a few years back, like some of the other posts above, healed well over time, just shorter with less sensation and movement. As always, take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.