fixed my dead stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett

Dec 3, 2008
SE Vermont
my stove would not turn on, no lights blinking or anything. played with the thermostat. checked to make sure everything was shut tight. took off the side cover, jiggled wires for awhile and the red call light would flash on for a second now and then. i finally realized that the power cord came unplugged from the stove about 1/8 inch.

turns out my wife vacuumed the hearth pad and must have bumped it loose. she said she noticed the stove turned off, but thought it just got warm enough in the house. easy mistake, i guess.

and this is one more reason to keep a backup source of heat. i noticed the problem when my oil heat turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.