Flame color

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy

Oct 24, 2008
NH
I've been tweaking my Englander's low air and low feed settings to get the best economical pellet burn. Been high and low from 4 through 7 on the feed and always higher on the air by one or two. I'm burning Pennington pellets now.

My flame color at full flame is a darker color yellow around the pellets and blends into a light straw color as it peaks out of the burn box about 6 inches. The stove settings are at the recommenced 6-4-1 for this color. I noticed different settings give a different colored flame, what does your best burn flame look like?

scruffy said:
I've been tweaking my Englander's low air and low feed settings to get the best economical pellet burn. Been high and low from 4 through 7 on the feed and always higher on the air by one or two. I'm burning Pennington pellets now.

My flame color at full flame is a darker color yellow around the pellets and blends into a light straw color as it peaks out of the burn box about 6 inches. The stove settings are at the recommenced 6-4-1 for this color. I noticed different settings give a different colored flame, what does your best burn flame look like?

Take a gander here,
It might help you as much as anything else.
Be sure to read the last paragraph.

http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/flame.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.