Flame out on startup with a NG Boiler.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Having a problem with a small NG 75000 BTU Boiler on startup. Draft is good, chimney is clean,works fine while running but on start up when the gas valve opens before the pilot light lights the gas theres a wooosh sound and some flame curls under the front and back of the gas burning area. This presents a dangerous situation cuz the gas valve and wiring is in the area where the flame comes out. first thought is blocked heat passageways through the boiler, but it works fine after startup. problem is worse when the front cover is in place so i am leaving it off for now. pilot light is pretty strong ,tried to turn it down but the adj screw dont seem to make any difference.Gas valve is brand new replacement for original OEM part. Any suggestions as to what may be the problem aregreatly appreciated.

I'd suggest posting this to heatinghelp.com a lot of really knowledgeable people there in the trade who will most likely help you. post the make & model number and any other specific info you have.

Chris S said:
I'd suggest posting this to heatinghelp.com a lot of really knowledgeable people there in the trade who will most likely help you. post the make & model number and any other specific info you have.

Thanks i posted the question there just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.