Flapper At Combustion Chamber Door Bottom PF100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejectr

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2009
Brimfield, MA
My PF100 pellet furnace has what appears to be a small damper flapper at the bottom outside of the combustion chamber door bottom. Why is that there?

Got the answer by emailing Harman:
It supplies additional combustion air to the firebox and also creates an air wash for the glass in the ash door. Most of the combustion air is supplied through the back draft damper on the rear of the feeder body.

My PF100 pellet furnace has what appears to be a small damper flapper at the bottom outside of the combustion chamber door bottom. Why is that there?
The little damper on mine wore out after the first three seasons. It was flapping a lot because of the 'normal' Harman air pulsing. Harman said that they don't make that part any more and to just put a piece of metal tape over the opening and cut a slit in it to allow some air flow. Seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.