As we're new to this wood burning thing, we are having to improvise in how we store our wood - 1/3 being in the greenhouse, the remainder being stacked down the side of the house. However, even with this, we ended up having some overspill which had to sit in the large sacks that the logs were delivered in. Due to a bit of creative re-organisation, I decided I could finally clear that final bag and stack the logs down the side of the house. Which I did. Got to the bottom of the bag, and it was teeming with fleas. Yeuch! I have to admit to never having actually seen a flea before (despite having furry pets) but there's no mistaking the blighters. Just thought I'd share that with you. I hope this is a one-off, and not a regular occurence in one's wood-burning lifestyle! john PS. I hope I haven't inadvertently transferred any via the logs I'm storing in our utility room (~5 days worth). I s'pose we'll soon find out!