Flex Fuel 30kw Arrived

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pologuy9906

Aug 19, 2013
Connecticut
I'm excited to say it arrived. In its final resting spot. Can't wait to get it hooked up. I have to complete the back up install first. I'll post more pictures soon. IMAG0420.jpgIMAG0427.jpgIMAG0435.jpgIMAG0437.jpgIMAG0438.jpg

285 gallons each. I want this hooked up NOW, lol. Hopefully I will have it hooked up over the next 2 weeks. 2 Years in the making. This was a tough decision. So many great units on the market now. Putting together an install plan now.

Sounds crazy but what are suggestions getting started? Game plan? Dos/Don'ts?

I went with 1.25" pipe because that was what was there, but it's harder to find and all the fittings, valves, etc, are more expensive. In retrospect, I'd design the system as completely as possible, then order material; I had a bunch of orders and probably could have saved some postage. I found supplyhouse.com was very quick (they are in L.I.), good selection, decent price, and easy returns. I'm still sweating pipe, so I have no recommendation yet about insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.